20 Mar A Few Thoughts…
Here are a few of my thoughts about where we are right now
- Everyone is affected by the disruption in some capacity whether it be their income, families or health. Be compassionate and realize you’re not the only one facing these challenges. Remember this when you are negotiating rent with your landlord, or simply talking with others in online groups. Be supportive, not critical.
- If you haven’t already start communicating with your landlords and suppliers. Every business is different but the chances of a landlord evicting a tenant during this time is rare. Every single client of ours has had a positive solution with their rent. Remember, the landlord is affected as well.
- How you react and what you do now to service your patients is going to be a crucial step in your long term success after the dust settles. Those who nurture and give themselves now will build stronger bulletproof relationships.
- If you’re not prepared to deliver your services in some capacity virtually today is the day to start. Remember we can provide accountability, support and clarity to our clients & patients. We’ve had a massage therapist host an online meal prep cooking class for their clients and remedial exercise to keep them active and healthy.
- You need to change how you operate & deliver services now. Stop doing what worked before, it’s not what people need now. If you have automations or autoresponder, marketing campaigns running change/modify them.
- Focus on what you can control and forget the rest. You can’t control the government’s actions, toilet paper supply or the weather. What you can control is your mindset, nutrition, family, improving yourself and your business.
- Start investigating which options for loans, lines of credit, government grants etc. are available to you currently and realize options may change with no notice so don’t complain if there isn’t anything right now there maybe in the future, it is your responsibility to find them.
- Take care of your health and mindset. You can’t help others or make good decisions if you’re burnt out and stressed – See above “focus on what you can control” Start stretching, breathing and moving.
- You’re a healthcare professional, remember this when you are communicating with other professionals. Arguing over opinions, does not help anyone and divides us all more, anyone looking at it sees it as disorganization. If you don’t agree, great, move on with your day. (Reread the list)
Finally, I am here to support you in any way I can, send me a message and I’ll get back to you.
One more thing, if you have a pet they probably are excited to see you more often, enjoy your time with them.